- The width, depth and height under 'Configuration' refer to tube dimensions only. The tube and fittings at the top of the frame will add approx 10 cm to the frame height. The footing you choose can also add between 5 - 15 cm to the total height of the table frame. If unsure of the dimensions, we usually recommend going for a bigger length, as you can adjust the tube using a hacksaw if tube is too long for your project.
- If you need to modify the dimensions or request additional features, please contact us and we'll be glad to help you out.
A scaffold style custom desk pipe base that can be used with any table top. Made of Kee Klamp fittings and galvanised steel tube.
Now you can build and work at your own unique desk. Our modern pipe desk base allows you to support any rectangular table top. The pipe and fittings base offers clean lines and industrial strength. The kit is easy to assemble and you will enjoy the assembly just as much as the finished project. Our customers have been making desks with pipe and fittings for years. Our Simple Table frame kits now make building and configuring your own pipe desk even easier.
Please note: Table Top not included.
Important information about dimensions:
Rugged Table Kit
RUGGED - the name says it all. This desk frame looks like it could support a tank! Whether you are building a desk, a display table or work bench, RUGGED will be give you a strong, industrial base on which to build.
How does this work?It's simple! You provide the table top and we provide the base. Just about any flat, rectangular surface can be made into a desk. Go on a creative journey and find a table top that works for your environment. Go green and upcycle an old piece of material, or buy something new like this simple table top from IKEA (pictured above).
1) Start by inputting the size of your table top. Select the tube length - deduct 200mm (rounding up to the nearest 100mm) from the overall dimensions of your desk topFor example if your desk top is 2000mm wide x 700mm deep you would select tube lengths of 1800mm & 500mm.
2) Tell us how tall you want the frame. Use the diagram below to guide you.
3) Select the type of footing you would like on the table. There are three options to choose from.
Plastic Plugs - smooth, integrated look that protects the floor.
Flanges - bold, wide bases that can be attached to the floor.
Casters - make it mobile! Includes two braking and two non-braking industrial casters.