- The length and height under 'Configuration' refer to tube dimensions only. For this design, depending on the angle of mounting, the fittings can add a max of 10 cm to the overall height of the handrail.
- The max possible grab rail length is 2500 mm. If you need a longer handrail, please contact us and we'll be glad to help you out.
- To ensure stability, we recommend installing an upright every 1500 mm. If you need an additional upright, please get in touch.
- Base kit - The base kit includes two uprights and all the necessary brackets to support the grab rail. End caps are also included. The kit does not include any fixings to help attach the rail onto the floor, but suitable fixings can be purchased from your local hardware store.
- Length of railing - Enter the number of metres for your handrailing. See instructions below for calculating the grab rail length. Decimal lengths are allowed (example: 1m 500mm would be 1.5m)
Max handrail length: 2.5m We recommend adding an extra upright every 1.5m for stability. If you need a longer handrail than 2.5m, please contact us directly.
- Landlords who need to install long lasting durable handrail to meet building code requirements.
- Home owners who are looking for a robust handrail that meets insurance requirements.
- Business owners who need to provide handrail for steps around their business.
- For mounting the feet:
- Into brick or concrete: 4 x Sleeve Anchors
- Into wood: 4 x Coach screws
- For attaching the rail to the uprights: Self-tapping screws
- Allen key (included with the handrail kits)
- Rubber mallet / Hammer (for plugs)
- Drill / Hammer drill
- Confirm that you have all required parts.
- When installing plugs, place rag or cardboard over plug and gently hammer into place.
- If installing into concrete or brick, vacuum out debris from drilled out holes before inserting sleeve anchors.
- If you plan on painting your rail, do so before assembling.
Need a simple yet durable handrail for your stairs?
Use this simple, easy to install handrail kit that mounts to stair steps. The handrail is completely galvanised and is designed for greater durability and flexibility than standard handrail systems.
Because of our unique fittings the railing can be arranged at any angle.
Drilling into the top rail is required to accommodate the fittings.
Important information about dimensions:
Select your options
The handrail is perfect for:
Additional required materials (not provided with the kit)
Download the Hardware Instructions sheet for more information.
Step by step instructions
1. Insert posts into 62-8’s. Tighten set screws loosely. 2. Line up assembled posts to desired location. Test grab bar with posts, then mark holes for the 62-8’s. 3. Disassemble the posts and secure 62-8’s to surface. 4. Insert posts into 62-8’s and add socket of 10-840C to top of posts. Insert 518’s in 10-840C’s. Tighten set screws loosely. 5. Line up grab rail at desired location. Mark and drill pilot holes for securing grab rail to 518’s. 6. Attach grab rail with self-tapping screws (available as an add-on for the kit) and adjust as needed. Tighten set screws once complete. 7. Cover plugs with a rag or cardboard and hammer into place.
How to calculate handrail length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top of the stairs while each of you hold the measuring tape 1m off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
A word about DDA
These railing have not been designed to fit the requirements of DDA. If you need a handrail that meets the DDA requirements, please see our DDA handrail product page.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Dimensional Weight (kgs)||N/A|
|Installation Difficulty||Easy - Tube drilling required. Tube cutting possibly required.|
|Handrail Type||Smooth - Fittings do not wrap around the grab rail.|
|Rali End||Open Ended|
|Mounting angle||Any Angle|
|Tube Drilling Required?||Yes|
|Tube Cutting Required?||Maybe|
|Mounting Style||Base Flange|