- The length and height under 'Configuration' refer to tube dimensions only. For this design, the fittings will add approx 9 cm to the overall height of the handrail.
- The max possible grab rail length is 2500 mm. If you need a longer handrail, please contact us and we'll be glad to help you out.
- To ensure stability, we recommend installing an upright every 1500 mm. If you need an additional upright, please get in touch.
- Base kit - The base kit includes two uprights and all the necessary brackets to support the grab rail.
- Length of railing - Enter the number of metres for your handrailing. See instructions below for calculating the grab rail length. Decimal lengths are allowed (example: 1m 500mm would be 1.5m). We recommend adding an extra upright every 1.5m for stability.
- Landlords who need to install long lasting durable handrail to meet building code requirements.
- Home owners who are looking for a robust handrail that meets insurance requirements.
- Business owners who need to provide handrail for steps around their business.
- For mounting the feet:
- Into brick or concrete: 4 x Sleeve Anchors
- Into wood: 4 x Coach Screws
- Allen key (included with the handrail kits)
- Rubber mallet / Hammer (for plugs)
- Drill / Hammer drill
- Confirm that you have all required parts.
- When installing plugs, place rag or cardboard over plug and gently hammer into place.
- If installing into concrete or brick, vacuum out debris from drilled out holes before inserting sleeve anchors.
- If you plan on painting your rail, do so before assembling.
Need a simple handrail for your stairs?
This is a simple, easy to install handrail that mounts to stair steps. The handrail is completely galvanised and is designed for greater durability and flexibility than standard handrail systems.
This railing kit is suitable for slopes with an angle between 30°- 45°.
Important information about dimensions:
Select your options
Additional required materials (not provided with the kit)
Download the Hardware Instructions sheet for more information.
Step by step instructions
1. Insert posts into 62-7’s. Tighten set screws loosely. 2. Line up assembled posts to desired location. Test grab rail with posts, then mark holes for the 62-7’s. 3. Disassemble the posts and drill the holes for the 62-7’s. Secure 62-7’s to surface with recommended hardware. 4. Insert posts into 62-7’s and add socket of 29-7’s to top of posts. Tighten set screws loosely. 5. Slide the grab rail through the 29-7’s at desired location. Tighten all set screws once complete. 6. Cover 84-7’s with a rag or cardboard and gently hammer into place.
How to calculate handrail length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top of the stairs while each of you hold the measuring tape 1m off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
A word about DDA
These railing have not been designed to fit the requirements of DDA. If you need a handrail that meets the DDA requirements, please see our DDA handrail product page.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Dimensional Weight (kgs)||N/A|
|Installation Difficulty||Easiest - No tube cutting or tube drilling required.|
|Handrail Type||Slip-On - Fittings wrap around grab rail.|
|Rali End||Open Ended|
|Mounting angle||Standard Stair Angles (30-60 degrees)|
|Tube Drilling Required?||No|
|Tube Cutting Required?||No|
|Mounting Style||Base Flange|