- Length of handrail - Enter the number of metres for your handrailing. See instructions below for calculating the grab rail length. Decimal lengths are allowed (example: 1m 500mm would be 1.5m)
- Upright - Let us know how tall you need the handrail to be.
- The length and height under 'Configuration' refer to tube dimensions only. Depending on the angle of mounting, the fittings can add a max of 13 cm to the overall height of the handrail.
- The max possible grab rail length is 2500 mm. If you need a longer handrail, please contact us and we'll be glad to help you out.
- To ensure stability, we recommend installing an upright every 1500 mm. If you need an additional upright, please get in touch.
- Landlords who need to install long lasting durable handrail to meet building code requirements.
- Home owners who are looking for a robust handrail that meets insurance requirements.
- Business owners who need to provide handrail for steps around their business.
- For mounting the foot:
- Into brick or concrete: 2 x Sleeve Anchors
- Into wood: 2 x Coach screws
- For mounting the C58 base plate:
- Onto wood: 2 x Coach screws + 2 x Nylon UX universal plug
- Onto concrete / brick: 2 x Masonry screws
- Allen key (included with the handrail kits)
- Rubber mallet / Hammer (for plugs)
- Drill / Hammer drill
- Confirm that you have all required parts.
- When installing plugs, place rag or cardboard over plug and gently hammer into place.
- If installing into concrete or brick, vacuum out debris from drilled out holes before inserting sleeve anchors.
- If you plan on painting your rail, do so before assembling.
Need a simple handrail for your stairs?
This is a simple, easy to install handrail that mounts to stair steps. The handrail is completely galvanised and is designed for greater durability and flexibility than standard rail systems.
This handrail is made to connect to a wall on one end to a surface mounted upright on the other end.
Because of our unique fittings the handrail can be arranged at any angle.
Select your options
Important information about dimensions:
The handrail is perfect for:
Additional required materials (not provided with the kit)
Download the Hardware Instructions sheet for more information.
Step by step instructions
1. Insert post into 62-7. Tighten set screws loosely. 2. Line up assembled post to desired location. Test grab rail with post, then mark holes for the 62-7 and C58. 3. Disassemble the post and drill the holes for the 62-7 and C58. Secure 62-7 to surface and C58 to wall with recommended hardware. 4. Insert post into 62-7 and add socket of C50-7 to top of post. Tighten set screws loosely. 5. Slide one end of grab rail through the C50-7 on post at desired location and insert other end into C50-7 on wall. Tighten set screws once complete. 6. Cover 84-7 with a rag or cardboard and gently hammer into place.
How to calculate handrail length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top of the stairs while each of you hold the measuring tape 1m off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
A word about DDA
These railing have not been designed to fit the requirements of DDA. If you need a handrail that meets the DDA requirements, please see our DDA handrail product page.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Dimensional Weight (kgs)||N/A|
|Installation Difficulty||Easiest - No tube cutting or tube drilling required.|
|Handrail Type||Slip-On - Fittings wrap around grab rail.|
|Rali End||Open Ended|
|Mounting angle||Any Angle|
|Tube Drilling Required?||No|
|Tube Cutting Required?||No|
|Mounting Style||Base & Wall Flange|