- Into brick or concrete: 4 x Sleeve Anchors
- Into wood: 4 x Coach screws
- Allen key (included with the handrail kits)
- Rubber mallet / Hammer (for plugs)
- Drill / Hammer drill
- Confirm that you have all required parts.
- When installing plugs, place rag or cardboard over plug and gently hammer into place.
- If installing into concrete or brick, vacuum out debris from drilled out holes before inserting sleeve anchors.
- If you plan on painting your rail, do so before assembling.
Additional required materials (not provided with the kit)
For mounting the feet:
Download the Hardware Instructions sheet for more information.
Step by step instructions
1. Insert posts into 62-7’s. Tighten set screws loosely. 2. Line up assembled posts to desired location. Test grab rail with posts, then mark holes for the 62-7’s. 3. Disassemble the posts and drill the holes for the 62-7’s. Secure 62-7’s to surface with recommended hardware. 4. Insert posts into 62-7’s and add socket of F50-7’s to top of posts. Tighten set screws loosely. 5. Slide the grab rail through the M50-7’s at desired location. Tighten all set screws once complete. 6. Cover 84-7’s with a rag or cardboard and gently hammer into place.
How to calculate handrail length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top of the stairs while each of you hold the measuring tape 1m off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
A word about DDA
These railing have not been designed to fit the requirements of DDA. If you need a handrail that meets the DDA requirements, please see our DDA handrail product page.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Dimensional Weight (kgs)||N/A|
|Installation Difficulty||Easiest - No tube cutting or tube drilling required.|
|Handrail Type||Slip-On - Fittings wrap around grab rail.|
|Rali End||Open Ended|
|Mounting angle||Any Angle|
|Tube Drilling Required?||No|
|Tube Cutting Required?||No|
|Mounting Style||Base Flange|